Tuesday 1 December 2015

Job Interviews Are Peanuts....just believe in yourself! - 1

Wow, it's been almost a year since I've posted....! And frankly I tell you, it doesn't feel good to disconnect for such a long period of time. But the good news is that, I am over that and back to giving you simple, basic tips to succeed at job interviews.

Let me be very up front with you. If you recall my last post where I had mentioned that my eBook - 'Job Interviews Are Peanuts...!, was to be on Amazon during December of 2014, but by some quirk of circumstances I couldn't get it out as promised. And I am terribly sorry for messing up. But nevertheless, over the past couple of months, I've put my heart and mind to it and completed the manuscript according to Amazon standards. I am still working on the details of the cover and that should be over shortly. 

In the mean time, I want you to sample a little bit about the book - 

For starters you should know that the job market has undergone drastic changes from what it was, say, about ten years back. From the initial interview to the final selection process, the dynamics have changed tremendously. The competition is fierce. Gone are the days when jobs in the corporate sector were not that over populated with job-seekers. But nowadays with thousands of management graduates, engineering graduates as well as college graduates being churned out by various institutes, all clamouring for a decent job, the going is pretty tough. It is now an employer’s market. They now have a large pool of talented candidates to choose from and they will go for the very best. So for you to be able to compete on an even field in this ever increasing milieu of job-seekers, you will need to understand and develop certain qualities that will help you stand apart from the crowd. This book aims to do just that. The whole purpose of this book is to give you that tool, that advantage so that you will have an edge over the next job applicant. I have gone into detail about the process of group discussion and personal interview, so that you are aware of what is expected of you during these two phases of the interview process. I have also devoted a complete chapter to understanding some of the questions that are commonly asked in interviews and given you their probable answers. It is my sincere wish that these will be helpful to you in your preparation for any interview. 

The above should give you some understanding about what is happening in the job market and what you can expect from my book.

Hope you enjoy reading the small excerpt. More coming up in my next post.

Do let me know your comments and views on the above excerpt.

Till then, all the best!

   


No comments:

Post a Comment